Friday, January 8, 2010

Has anyone gone on a fast, for spiritual or health reasons? If so, any advice?

It clears the mind and body of toxins.


';Death begins in the colon';, so find the right detox and colon cleansing routine and DO IT at least once a year!


I fast nightly, so I never get that wicked build-up in my colon/intestines. All I do is stop eating 6 hours before I fall asleep (during which time I drink one quart of purified water). When I wake up 8 hours later, I brush my teeth and tounge, then drink ONE QUART of purified water within 15 minutes. This will bring about a very healthy bowel movement, and keep you hydrated most of the day so you don't have to drink a lot of water, esp. while eating, since that only dilutes the enzyme activity in your stomach, inhibiting proper food digestion. An hour after drinking the quart, I eat a whole organic red delicious apple, only. A half of an hour after that I can start eating anything I normally would!Has anyone gone on a fast, for spiritual or health reasons? If so, any advice?
no, but I've always wanted to do it because they say it gives you a better appreciativeness for things.Has anyone gone on a fast, for spiritual or health reasons? If so, any advice?
I had a very spiritual colostomy which required fasting.
i havin cant give u advice!!
I have fasted in the past. I can tell you that it is much more likely to be successful if you do not get caught up with fasting *as such* in other words you don't obsess over it. Occupy yourself mentally/physically; you'll hardly notice that you're fasting.
Sure.


Stay well hydrated.


Avoid caffeine for energy. It'll mess you up!


After the second day, the hunger pangs stop.


If you go longer than a few days, your body will begin detoxifying. You may notice an unpleasant smell. It's ok; just the toxins being released through your pores. If this bothers you, a bath will help.


When you resume eating; start small. Usually, yogurt is good to start with. Do not have a big meal first thing since your stomach will have gotten used to the lack of food. However, as I said before, stay well hydrated.


Let family %26amp; friends know, just in case you start to get loopy from low blood sugar, which can happen.


Hope this helps!
1. When you get back on normal food, introduce is very slowly.





2. Meditate everyday





3. Give yourself an enima before you fast. This will clear your system of any impurities and make your skin break out less during the fast





4. Drink water with lemon because lemon also purifies your body.





5. Drink a 1/4 cup of alloe vera Juice a day. This will heal your stomach and intestines while on your fast. You can buy it at any health food store.








6. Don't do a fast for longer then seven days.





7. Take a multi vitamin everyday, with a glass of rice milk. This will help in cramping from the vitaimins on an empty stomach.





8. Before you start the fast, eat nothing but raw vegetables for three days prior.











Good Luck!
http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?I鈥?/a>
I went on a 30 day juice fast and several smaller one. I am starting a 45 day juice fast in two weeks as part of Richard Schulze's incurable program.





Although I didn't go on this fast to lose weight but for cancer, I lost 70 pounds. I had ALWAYS gained weight back plus more (yoyo) any time I lost weight but this time though it was 10 years ago, I only gained about half of it back. It is the only thing I EVER had the happen with.But I think that was because of the colon cleansing (used Dr. Richard Schulze's colon intestinal cleanse #1 and #2.





Start with smaller fasts...water only fasts can be dangerous. Use only fresh juiced fruit and vegetables, (bottled) may be used if you need to and you're out, be sure to drink the juiced juice within 15 minutes or the enzymes (the healing factor) are destroyed. Also drink filtered or distilled water, herbal teas (be sure to use only steam distilled water with teas especially medicinal ones as they pull out more of the healing pytochemicals as the water is empty.





You may also drink potassium broths (use 1/4 beets, 1/4 carrots, 1/4 potato peelings, and 1/4 kale with a little celery). Use about 25-50 cloves of garlic. Add cayenne if you can handle it. Cook veggies with filtered water.. strain it when cooked, drinkling only the broth (can freeze vegetables to make soup when you are done with the fast). Can also use a green cleaner like magna green (schultze makes a good superfood (1-800-herbdoc).





Do not get scared if you feel weak at first. This is the toxins breaking loose from organs and tissues and cleansing putting them temporarily into your bloodstream etc. Stick it out and you will soon feel fabulous. People have spiritual closeness to God or better organisms even I've noticed. You feel good. All hunger goes away after the first few days. When hunger returns, it is a sign you need to eat or are starving...this will not be the case except with very extened fasts.





You may be a little chilly. If so wear a sweater. It is helpful to do a liver cleanse or kidney cleanse or immune boosting or blood cleansing with it by using appropriate herbs (see schulze's incurable program on internet or through catolog.)





It is CRUCIAL to break the fast slowly. Research how to do this before starting. Some foods you may try are a small dish of cooked carrots, some fresh applesauce, a small salad...maybe a little cottage cheese for the 3rd meal with juice. Very, VERY gradually get back into eating taking at least 2-3 days to do so. This is crucial.
I never have, but I have been told, that if I do go on a fast to be sure it's Spirit led, and that it doesn't necessarily have to be EVERYTHING. Some people do a bread and water fast, or water and veggies. Or they eat before the sun rises and after it sets. But the hunger pangs are apparently suppose to remind you to pray or meditate and focus on the answer you seek, which is the reason for the fast. SOmething like that. Good luck, be safe.





Valrie
Yes, I went on a 2 day juice fast followed with a 3 day water fast. I felt GREAT. You will experience light headedness, headaches and hunger pangs the first 3 days. Just hang in there and meditate and pray every chance you get. Check out this website that will help you in your fasting needs.
Drink plenty of water, and herbal teas.
I combined my first fast with colon cleansing and I felt like a million bucks for over a year afterwards. GO FOR IT but follow some of the really good advice that has already been posted on this thread!!
WHAT?
I have fasted for spiritual reasons several times. I have learned a few things;


Stay hydrated, drink a lot of water, tea and if possible a little broth so you don't get sick.


DO NOT fast while pregnant, or on your menstrual cycle (obviuosly these only apply if your a woman) during these times you need to keep your normal balanced diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment