Friday, January 8, 2010

So do you think Yahoo R&S is a good place to find answers or advice on Religion or spiritual matters?

how serious do you take this section?So do you think Yahoo R%26amp;S is a good place to find answers or advice on Religion or spiritual matters?
Well, I've met some great people on here, and have a lot of fun. I've even learned a few things. But I would never recommend this place to someone who isn't well grounded in their faith. (((TTC)))So do you think Yahoo R%26amp;S is a good place to find answers or advice on Religion or spiritual matters?
Absolutely.





There is a bunch of crap, but, mixed in are really good questions and answers. I have learned a bunch by hanging out here.
Definitely. I've learned quite a bit being here.
R%26amp;S should be a meeting room that links to more specific religiouns or spiriutal sections. otherwise its too polar.
No... but it's a good place for a laugh, and for learning about the hotly contested differences in belief systems.





I don't take very much of it seriously, but every know and then there is a serious question... and those I will answer seriously.
I think some gems do come along from time to time.





A good deep fun book might add some insight. This one is free.
I take it very serious, but like I said yesterday, trying to convince someone with just your words in this section doesn't seem to work, like when defending christianity. Just seems to fuel the fire. But reading another christian's answer does help me research on my own. Ok, and I have to admit, some answers do make me laugh! And that is always a good thing!
LOL...no.





I think it's possible to read something on Yahoo R%26amp;S that's genuinely illuminating. As a rule, though, good freaking luck if you come here actually looking for ';spiritual advice.';
You can find all types of messages here on matters of a spirit nature, I know there are some wonderful christians here who have great things to share regarding the Gospels...
Not very..it's mostly a place where Christians who are shaky on their own beliefs come to bait Atheists into arguments, or people who can't spell tell Gays they are going to Hell.





I saw a really informative answer on Islam last week however...that's what faith is all about, huh, being open to the future?
I take it seriously when I attempt to answer someone's question. I don't think it's the absolute best place to learn...but granted, you get many people's viewpoints. For me, many questions people bring up cause me to think as well. I suppose I find it interesting (and sometime amusing...).
The value of the content is largely determined by the mindset of the individual. Even a bad answer can lead to enlightenment.





Personally, I'm here for my amusement.
taken semi-serious, there is good information to be had


here, and there's no shortage of ';the other side'; of the


issue. This particular subject matter (like politics) doesn't


want for opinions that are miles apart. Nor does it suffer


from lack of sarcasm and downright nastiness -- all in all,


it IS a good place for answers if your separate the wheat


from the chafe.
excellent question!
I find it to be a good place to make contacts with those who do know something about religion and spirituality, as well as a window into the minds of those I think have rabid squirrels in their skulls
sorta





it's a good place to hang out, cook bran muffins, ask earitating questions and say ';whatever';.





:^%26gt;
There are some very good answers here, but rather few and far between. And very, very, VERY few people seem to actually learn anything new, or come away with a change in their beliefs.





So, no, unfortunately this is not a very good place for people to learn about religion, especially truth in religion.
yes a god place a grinding wheel for truth.
It's not a bad place for information if you begin already possessing a smattering of knowledge, and are not looking for the finest in biblical exegesis. So long as you can sort through the trollish answers and can be satisfied with a basic level introduction to something, it can be a good place to get ideas for further research. This is particularly true for fundamentalist Christianity and the arguments for and against god's existence, as well as introductory Islam, Buddhism, and Wicca.





As for advice, it can offer first hand experiences, but not truly universal advice. If someone finds it helpful to hear about others' experience, then they may find it useful.





^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
I take this section seriously, the hard part is what to ask. (Of course I also answer as the question dictates.)
No...but it's a good place to find out people's opinions..


And it's been a good place for finding friends.
Yes, when I'm answering.





Actually, there seems to be a good amount of atheists in this section, so people are generally getting some very good advice on religion and spiritual matters. I've seen some very good answers here.
its only as good as the answers and some are helpful and some are sarcastic
Answers? No.


Information? Sometimes.


Opinions? Oh Definitely, Everybody has at least one.


Advice? Sometimes.


How serious? Only as serious as the question appears.
not too seriously.
Sure if you want to sift through the nonsense. I've met some very kind and helpful people here.
Hah! great question. There's a wise old phrase from the North of England





';Where there's Muck, There's Brass';





Now, no offence to my fellow posters but you really have to pick through the muck to get to the brass on R %26amp; S!
It is a good place to get the opinions of everyday people from a variety of places and backgrounds. I doubt many people would come here for real spiritual guidance though. Most people come here for interesting discussion.
Very little... I come here to laugh!!!





I have learned alot, but not nearly as much as I've laughed. It's the neat thing about this forum, some brilliant, most just funny!
At times I find there to be a lot of misinformation being spread around on here. This section can be useful sometimes as there are people who know there stuff. But it can also be annoying at times especially when I ask serious questions in hopes of getting the answer to something that I would like to know and there are people who are just answering the question to joke around or insult me. But other then that I'm not on this section all that much. I used to be a regular in this section under a totally different account and user name until my first account was suspended. After that I did still come around but not as much under a different name and account yet again. Now I come in here sparingly.
depends who you are talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment