Friday, January 8, 2010

Has your spiritual walk changed? If so, How? If it was like mine take some friendly advice.?

In the late 60's early 70's we thought spiritual enlightenment would come to those who would accept things freely. Sex, drugs, and rock were the dogma of the age. Yes, I saw Woodstock live and up close. Today I am much wiser and God has set my feet upon the path to Him through His Son.Has your spiritual walk changed? If so, How? If it was like mine take some friendly advice.?
Yes my walk has changed significantly. I ran into an old friend an Barnes and Noble and he has helped me to regain my old self in a new and profound way. He has led me to something that has been within me this whole time just waiting for me to sut up long enough and to admit that I have no real answers.





Christianity is life and wisdom in Christ. It is a return to the Father in Christ. It is a return to the infinite abyss of pure reality in which our own reality is grounded, and in which we exist. It is a return to the source of all meaning and all truth. It is a return to the inmost springs of life and joy. It is a rediscovery of paradise within our own spirit by self-forgetfulness. And because of our oneness with Christ, it is the recognition of ourselves as sons of the Father. It is the recognition of ourselves as other Christ鈥檚. It is the awareness of strength and love imparted to us by the miraculous presence of the Nameless and Hidden One Whom we call the Holy Spirit.Has your spiritual walk changed? If so, How? If it was like mine take some friendly advice.?
Hi I am not a child of the 60s or 70s I am child of children of the 60s and 70s


so Sex drugs and rock was my sheep to count or my sugar plums


And as you wish for your children to do better I have been a Christian


Baptisted for 13years have had the hardest time staying


on the right path


my focus has wavered but not my love for GOD



Mine too has changed, Not exactly like yours though. I was raised Catholic and taught right from wrong. I never really prayed to the Lord or anything like that. I only sing church songs and try to be the best person that I can be. Originally I was to be confirmed into the Catholic church and be totally committed. I have changed that though... I have decided that it is for me to take all that I was raised up with and live a life to the best of my abilities. No church can tell me what I have done or haven't done. I know what I need to know to keep me going in life. But yeah, I am glad your path has changed for the better.
My spiritual walk has changed radically in the last couple of months. My grandma was hospitalized after a serious Stroke and brain surgery. I am thankful to say that she is home now... but the last couple of months have seen me in the trenches with nothing left but faith. I've given up so much to follow in these last months. My great job, my apartment, my friends and family (I had to move out of state to help care for her), part of my savings... but at the same time... I have NEVER been happier. God has taught me to lean on him, walk with my eyes focused were they need to be... and give freely of everything that I have! I became a christian many years ago to make my sister angry... imagine my surprise when it became the focus of my life... and the reason I get up every morning was so that I could live another day giving thanks to God for all his blessings.





I think that I have grown in my faith and in God so much in the low periods. I don't know everything and I am certain that I will have to relearn these lessons... but in this moment I know that every breath I take is a gift from God, every hardship a blessing, and every moment that I get to be here I will praise him with all that I am.





God Bless and Keep you!





Old School Love
Good continue
I went through the 60's and 70's and been down that path,I thank God he gave me a new one to follow as he did you.


gb
I can relate. Nice story!


Peace.
Peace on your new journey
No, I've been pretty steadyon.


Came through some rough terrain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment